Monday, February 9, 2015

Tahnee's Baby Shower

If you follow me on Instagram, you have seen I have been in out West and threw my sister, Tahnee, a baby shower for her first baby!  I was so thrilled when she announced her pregnancy, that I instantly volunteered to throw her a shower.  It was a little tricky planning a party in California, when I live in North Carolina, but I think it all worked out.  Bringing most of the decorations and on the airplane was quite the experience!!

I got my inspiration from a blogger I follow, The TomKat Studio.  I had seen it several months back, but always knew that would be what I wanted to use.  Tahnee likes simple.  

I ordered the invitations through Etsy.  I was obsessed with how beautiful they turned out and I displayed it at the shower as a decoration. 


I also picked up blank cards at Target in the Dollar Spot that matched the invites for Tahnee to use for thank you notes.  I displayed the envelopes for the guests to write their address on.  Saves the Guest of Honor a little bit of time!



The food was purchased at Costco and we kept it simple.  The shower was at an awkward time to do breakfast or lunch, so there were finger/snack foods.  The signs were printables found at TomKat Studio.  


Tahnee is not a huge fan of shower games.  I came across these fun, classy games on Etsy, and decided to do "The Price is Right."  A list of baby items were on a sheet of paper and the guests had to write down what they thought the price was.  I let everyone do it on their own time.  After Tahnee opened the gifts, we went through the prices and our Aunt Jamie won!  The prize was featured by May Designs.  Look for the games and notebook to be featured as giveaways in the upcoming weeks on my Instagram account




This shower was so fun to plan and execute.  Thanks to Tahnee's best friend, Nicole, and my mom for helping out a lot.  It takes a lot of help for everything to come together, especially across country!


No comments:

Post a Comment